Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Snake Bites on York Ave.


Although the term may sound inelegant, I'm soooo happy that a "gastropub" has opened up a block away from the house in Highland Park, CA. The York has a full bar (almost full.... my request for a mojito was denied because of a lack of mint). But getting a good snakebite is no problem. The industrial loft like setting makes me feel like I'm back in Brooklyn on Henry St.
We tried going last saturday night but could not get served after waiting for 20 minutes so we ambled down the block to Johnnies. We figured opening weekend glitches kept us from our pints. Sunday late afternoon proved to be much mellower and we got a booth.
Loved the corn chowder and the rest of the food was very good but a bit expensive for the neighborhood. Wilton's wallet felt the crunch and I suspect we'll be drinking there more than eating.
I'm wishing it a ton of success and tipping my glass in the hope more gastropubs can pop up in the neighborhood.
  • Eating LA:Highland Park
  • No comments: