Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gold Line to Court


I hopped on the Gold Line this morning to travel downtown to Probate Court this morning. Was happy to see the cars were full. People always saying that mass transit will never work in Los Angeles. I met Jason outside the court room and we wondered if any of the assembling suits would be outbidding me on the house. Finally 8:30 am rolled around and we entered the courtroom. The estate's lawyer made an announcement to the room about overbids on Terrace 49. No one bit. Jason introduced me to the two realty ladies handling the property. After the judge got over the confusion of the home's address, she thought 49 was an apartment number, the judge asked the court room for any over bids. No one answered. Down came the gavel and my offer became accepted. The whole process took 6 weeks to line up and 90 seconds to execute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the house! Very excited for you! =)