Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Waking The Dead

The second show I've been hooked on in my confinement has been a British cold case cop show called "Waking the Dead".  A fan of Sue Johnston's comedic Clatterford series a few years ago, I thought I'd look at some of her drama work as Dr. Grace Foley, behavioral psychologist.  I started with Season 6 and was blown away.  When the team is involved and in charge, the episodes are amazing, like "Mask of Sanity".  There were a few clinkers but these are when the squad is more reactive than leading. Tonight I watched an episode from Season 5 called "Straw Dogs".  Two hours of the most riveting, disturbing, heart pounding TV I have ever seen.  Netflix has the first 7 seasons to watch.  Catch a few before "Straw Dogs" though….. get the characters down before you get on this roller coaster.

No comments: